Since 1999, Inuit societal values help to guide our government.
- Inuuqatigiitsiarniq: Respecting others, relationships, and caring for people.
- Tunnganarniq: Fostering good spirits by being open, welcoming, and inclusive.
- Pijitsirniq: Serving and providing for family and/or community.
- Aajiiqatigiinniq: Decision making through discussion and consensus.
- Pilimmaksarniq/Pijariuqsarniq: Development of skills through observation, mentoring, practice, and effort.
- Piliriqatigiinniq/Ikajuqtigiinniq: Working together for a common cause.
- Qanuqtuurniq: Being innovative and resourceful.
- Avatittinnik Kamatsiarniq: Respect and care for the land, animals, and the environment.